Here's how to use Votocracy to connect with voters and get your candidates elected. Click here for a printable list of best practices including detailed instructions.
Votocracy has very powerful tools to help get out your message and recommend the candidates you endorse to voters. You start by getting all of your current supporters (members, Facebook likes and Twitter followers) to join. Then you ask them support you and your candidates. All of that is FREE. Votocracy then ďamplifiesĒ their actions 200-300 times by automatically sharing it with all their social network. That drives new support thatís also shared 200-300X and so on.
BEST PRACTICES CHECKLIST
Votocracy is REALLY easy to use. Use this checklist of items to be successful:
1. Complete all your organization details on your Votocracy endorser page. Adding your mission statement, website link, posting videos, etc. will help increase voter engagement.
2. Generate your Votocracy icon and link. Available in red, white or blue! Add it to your Facebook page, website and emails so itís easy for your members and visitors to get to your endorser page.
3. Ask all your candidates to join Votocracy. This is key as you canít endorse them and voters canít find them to add to their guides unless they are candidates on Votocracy.
4. Endorse all of your candidates on Votocracy. It only takes a minute and if you have more than 100 candidates to endorse send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and weíll do them for you.
5. Ask all your members join Votocracy, add your organization to their Voterís Guide and support your candidates. Itís FREE and all they need to do is enter their zip code and with a couple of clicks Votocracy will tell their 200-300 Facebook and Twitter friends for free, viral growth.
6. Announce your Votocracy page and list of endorsed candidates. Send out a press release. Add it to your website, distribute via PR, by email directly to your members and candidates, do a Facebook post and Tweet about it.
Then on a regular, at least weekly, basis:
- Vote in the daily poll, comment on the prior dayís poll results, post it to Facebook and Tweet it. Both are one-click actions that ďtouchĒ all your supporters and their 200-300 friends.
- Post and respond to comments on your endorser page. Itís a great way to start a dialogue and build a genuine connection.
- Remind your members to check on Votocracy and see how your candidates are doing. Encourage them to use virtual doorknocking to introduce their friends to your candidates.
These best practices take only 5-10 minutes a day and allow you to build a direct and deep engagement with voters and drive support for your candidates. And that's a big help getting them elected!